Friday, September 12, 2008

read this before you see it.

It looks like Sara Gruen's bestselling novel Water for Elephants will be made into a movie. This book is actually one of my favorite books and I have highly suggested it to friends, but can I suggest that you read the book before you see the movie? It's pretty much the norm when a book rocks and its made into a movie, they usually don't rock as much. I dread seeing what they do to my all time fave book "The Time Traveler's Wife". ugh, I don't even want to think about it.

Recently, I just saw a trailer for Confessions of a Shopaholic and "Becky" didn't even have an English accent! That's just ridiculous! I know its supposed to be "based" on the novel, but it's not even set in England for crying out loud! Of course I will still go and see the movie, I can't wait!
Anyway, the book is about a 90-year-old man reminiscing about his life. It is set during the Depression. He finds work at a lower-level circus taking care of the animals, but there is so much more to this book. Again, I highly suggest it.

No comments: