Tuesday, September 30, 2008

to achieve maximum energy

I've been trying to be more active outside the house. Inside the house is no problem. From the moment I walk in, it's cooking, laundry, cleaning etc., but still it doesn't burn enough calories. I realized that I get burned out around 3-4 pm and I need a pick me up. Now what can fuel me and not load me up with fat and calories? I got this email from Fitness magazine and it looks like its a great list. Fitness magazine

A blend of high-fiber cereal, nuts, and dried fruit
"It's got carbs for fuel and protein for a longer-lasting effect, plus lots of fiber and iron."
Peanut butter on a banana
"The protein and fat in the peanut butter give you long-lasting energy, while the banana gives you plenty of carbohydrates and the electrolyte potassium."
An apple drizzled with honey
"Lots of fiber, plus quick energy from the honey."
Popcorn tossed with dried cherries
"It's sweet, salty, crunchy, and chewy, with some fiber to boot."
Pretzels or Wheat Thins with a few teaspoons of hummus
"Hummus provides fiber and protein and the pretzels or crackers give you carbs and electrolyte-replacing sodium."

No comments: