Thursday, April 30, 2009

I <3 Black bean soup!

I know I sent this recipe for Black Bean soup out to my fellow "healthy" friends, but I just HAD to post this recipe on my blog. Yes it's that good!! I had it for lunch today and just kept thinking how delicious it was! I tweaked the original recipe that I now cant remember where I got it from?? I only tweaked it by adding less water and throwing in an extra can of beans. I like it a little MORE chunk to my soups.

Biggest Loser Spicy Black Bean Soup POINTS® value 1
Servings 8
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 (15oz) cans of black beans
1 cup chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
3 cups water (actually 2 cans of water from the Rotel can)
2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
3 tbsp ground cumin
1 (20 oz) can Rotel (tomatoes with green chilies)
In a large sauce pan or medium stock pot, heat oil over a medium high heat. Cook onion and celery until semi soft. Add everything else (reserve 1 can of beans for later) to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer at least 45 minutes. Once done simmering, let it cool slightly then run it through a blender. I used a hand blender, and it works great for this recipe. Just be careful not to blend too smooth. You want it a little chunky. Add the last can of beans and simmer for a few more minutes. YUM!!!!

You can thank me later! :)

No comments: