Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh it's on! Day 1

So after seeing The Shred Challenge over an over on most of the blogs I read, I decided I'm going to do it! So the challenge is 30 days of The Shred, straight. It says right on the box "Lose Up To 20 Pounds in 30 days!". That's every day of doing this 20 minute workout. If I lose half of that I will be happy. I actually have already been doing this workout, but only once or twice a week. Last night officially started my day 1. The hubby decided to come downstairs and watched me work out. Why? No clue, he's just a man who was "enjoying the show". Men and their hormones. Bonus is I don't have to pay for the DVD, I get it for free with Verizon FiOS On-demand. Even better!

This workout may only be 20 minutes but it kicks your butt. And this is only Level 1! Level 1 consist of a short warm-up, the workout is split up into interval training. 2 Minutes of Strength, 2 Minutes of cardio, followed by 1 Minute of Abs. It's repeated 3 times with different exercises. Cool down is a brief stretching period. If you need specifics it's push ups, jumping jacks, jump rope (no rope), lunges, squats, crunches, and many other forms of torture, err I mean exercise. Oh and she repeats over and over.. no resting! Well to be exact it's "No Rest! If you want your body to change, you have to ...!" Over and over! Hopefully I see results soon. I can already notice that I go a little further in the workout without wanting to puke or pass out. I hope this post makes you want to try it with me!

No comments: