Wednesday, July 7, 2010

playing with flowers...

My MIL's hydrangea's were in full bloom this past weekend at the beach house. These beauties were just too gorgeous to have go to waste - so I decided to cut a few. Unfortunately there is not a vase to be found in the house. Not to worry I did have an old tomato sauce jar on hand. I just love hoe this looks. So pretty...but not perfect.
I still needed a little something something..
Much better.
I'm sharing this simple transformation with Transformation Thursday and Thrifty Thursday.

3 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Yes, I would have never thought of putting shells in the jar. How I love it!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous! I love the lavender color (and the shells were a terrfic idea). My hydrangeas are fuscia pink.

spindlecottage said...

The shells are a great idea. I have a clear vase with hydrangeas in my kitchen right now! I think I will try the shell idea! Thanks!