Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I was Boo'd

Halloween night my best friend and her hubby and their adorable son came over to celebrate the Holiday with us and she Boo'd me! I had thought this was just for kids to get Boo'd but nope, this year it was for ME! I was so stinking excited (and surprised). Are you familiar with being Boo'd? Well it's when someone secretly leaves a Halloween gift at your door, they ring the bell and run away. A mix between ding dong ditch and Secret Santa. If you haven't started this tradition with your kids or in this case your BF, it is really a really fun thing to do give and to receive. There are a ton of poems out there for you to print and place in the gift bag -You gotta let them know that they have been Boo'd!
Mine looked liked this:

and here are my goodies!!!
A large Yankee Candle in Harvest (so excited!), a caramel apple kit (the hubby is dying to make these) pumpkin seeds (yum) and Lavender (my fave smell) hand sanitizer for Bath and Body works. I was in awe and so so touched! I have the BEST friends (Love yah B) 

I'm linking this up on: Anythingz Related, Making the World Cuter, Take a look Tuesday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays, Get your craft on, Spotlight Yourself

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! Your "boo'er" was very generous! This goes on in our subdivision and begins about 2-3 weeks before Halloween. Our practice is candy and/or small gifts. It's a lot of fun.

Desiree said...

wow i've never heard of this...wish I would have know i would have did it!!! Next year for sure!

the cape on the corner said...

ooh, love that candle! my friend's work used to have a secret spook, where you decorate and give little halloween gifts and at the end of the week, reveal who has who. my office did something like that for valentine's day. there weren't any yankee candles involved, however.

Missy said...

I've never heard of this either. I don't think it's a southern/Texan thing. :)

Erin said...

WOW! I just got a bag of candy corn. I want to be boo'd by your friends instead =o)