Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Another Pottery Barn Fall decorating class

This past Sunday my girlfriends and I attended another Pottery Barn Fall Decorating Class.
Just a side note, this is the 2nd class I have attended, same topic and almost 1 year to the day later.
Weird right?  Guess I really love the Fall? Anyhoo..   Have you ever been to one? They are actually pretty fun. This class was about 45 minutes long and conducted while the store was closed to the public. They also give you time to shop (while the store is still closed) after the class, along with a 10% discount that can be used for that day only. Yah Gotta love that.
This year Pottery Barn's class was on Fall table settings. Which it actually wasn't supposed to be. That's why I am only going to say that THIS class was just an OK class. They also did a session on decorating a side table with frames? Completely random and had nothing to do with the Fall whatsoever. I definitely felt last year's class was much more informative. The instructors did mentioned that they had this same class 3 weeks ago and they sold out of alot of stuff. Typical Pottery Barn.. out of stock.

The instructors leading the demo.
Each individual place settings
and the Fall table as a whole. Lovely.

While roaming around the store I got a few ideas that are definitely DIY. Especially since the prices are a little too steep for me.
This gorgeous burlap lamp shade seems totally doable. It even made me run right out to JoAnn's and picked up burlap and glue sticks.
Burlap "vino" sacks are just perfect that that bottle of wine you bring to all those Holiday parties.

The store was filled with ton mercury votive candle holders with almost all of the Fall/Halloween displays. These were just a few of my favorites.
I can picture this display on a mantle. Moss and all.
Perfect Fall coffee table.
Using the ladder over the table or an island? Genius!
So loving this owl lantern.. but the price? ouch!

I would still highly recommend going to a free Pottery Barn decorating classes. If you sign up through their website they will email you upcoming classes near you. I know this much, I won't wait a year to another a nother one of these classes.

I'm linking this up on: Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays, Show me what yah got, Get your craft on Link Party, All Thingz Related, Tuesdays to do link party, show and share day, Ideas for Fall Link party, Just something I whipped up

8 comments:

Crazy Wonderful said...

This makes me so sad to not live near a PB anymore :( I hit up the one in Kansas City last weekend and was drooling over thos owl lanterns too, but the price made me walk away :D

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Oh wow so many pretty things.
I love anything burlap. The lamp shade and the wine covers are right up my alley. Mercury glass is another favorite.

Dee

Jen said...

I didn't know PB gave free decorating classes. How fun! I would love those mercury glass candle holders!

the cape on the corner said...

loving that coffee table set up and that top tier of halloween shelf. definitely gonna do some book stacking in my arrangement this year.

you ever hit up the wawa, or what?

Doreen Grace said...

I was wondering how these classes turned out. Thanks for the info. Beautiful table settings!

Hi, I am Katie Bowman. said...

cool! I didn't even know they had these!

Shellie and Ashlie said...

I would love to go to a PB class! Love your blog too!

Unknown said...

Love this idea..I didn't even know they had classes like this...thanks for sharing:) Now I jsut need a few more hours in the day...lol.
C