Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Did It: Our 1st: Family Portraits!

It's hard to believe that my oldest daughter is 20 years old and we have never had a professional family portrait taken with just the 4 of us. How crazy is that?
What is it about taking family pictures that stresses everyone out so much? A few months ago, our girls (and the hubby) were given the "how much this really means to me" speech just so I would not have to hear the dreaded "this sucks and no I don't want to do it" comments (they still made them).
 
Since this was our 1st Professional family portrait,  I knew I wanted 2 things. One, they had to taken outside, and two, it had to be during the Fall. Perfect choices by me if I do say so myself. I decided to go to the Barclay Farmstead for the gorgeous Fall foliage and also the old Farmhouse and bridge were the perfect background. Next picked a photographer. I went with Lilyanna Sarah's Photography. Again, great choice by me. I can not say enough wonderful things about Natalie. She was creative, fun, and completely made the girls (and us adults) feel like it might actually be kinda "fun" to do this picture thing.  She also welcomed all my crazy ideas for the pictures. The photo shoot was pretty quick and after we were finished, the husband even said that was kind of fun! And I LOVE how the pics came out.

Here are some of my favorites:
Me and my girls.
I love how the colors just pop in the pictures 
The girls. Love all the woods in the background.
They really do love each other!
My Family!
The barn colors go great with our color scheme don't yah think?
Love
 
 If you're in the Philly/Southern NJ area and need a Photographer.. I highly highly recommend Lilyanna Sarah Photography! 

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Beautiful pictures, gorgeous family!

Calypso In The Country said...

Your family is beautiful and you look as young as your girls! Great pics! So glad to hear you were ok in the storm! It's amazing how some areas (such as Ortley Beach) got destroyed while others were fine. My inlaws in Seaside Park had about 4 feet of water in their basement/garage but nothing on the main levels. My heart just breaks for all the people who lost everything.
Take care, Shelley

the cape on the corner said...

aww, so cute! they came out great!

Kim said...

What a GORGEOUS family!!! Tana I love how the pictures turned out. You've started my wheels turning - now I want a family portrait. I will have to steal your speech. LOL!
xoxo,
Kim