Friday, February 22, 2013

February Already?

So how is 2013 treating you so far? Me? Great! Seems like 2013 has left me running around like a crazy person, exactly like 2012. With the normal craziness that goes with being a working mom/wife, I decided that I was going to make 2013 all about ME! Yep me, me, me me me! Less worrying about other people (I'm still working on that part) and more worrying about me. My health, my happiness and just things that make "T" happy. Trust me, Mamma needs this.  We all live our crazy lives trying to fit in friends and our loved ones, but when you don't take care of you, who will? So I decided I was going to take care of things that were not what I want them to be. My health - working out more and joined a gym! My eating habits - I started Paleo and I gotta say I love it! I also added a few mental things I am just putting my foot down too, but so far I'm loving 2013!

2013 also lit some kind of fire under my husband and my neighbor's arse. They have been creative genius's lately. Check out my new Farm style kitchen table. Can you say love?
This lovely thing literally took the guys 4 days to build. It's made of pine and cost us around $120 for everything - You can't beat that! The stain is Dark Walnut from Rustoleum. {Love}. Oh and please ignore the chairs. They are loaners until I paint and reupholster my "new" chairs, which is my next project.
The metal turn buckle that acts as additional support is handmade. Actually all the added hardware on this table was either distressed or made by hand. Creative genius' I tell yah. Check out these painted and distressed carriage bolts they used for a decorative touch. They are all over the table, and they thought of it all on their own. I'll take more detailed pictures after the chairs are done!
Pretty snazzy.
Wanna see their next project? 

This gorgeous thing is a wood headboard in a Chevron pattern. I couldn't believe that they actually made this pattern themselves. The wood is reclaimed wood that we found at this adorable antique store, Pheasant Run Antiques. If you live in the Lancaster PA area, I highly recommend a trip. How gorgeous is this?
Tell me, how's it going? Any major projects going on with you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree, 2013 is already flying by! Love the Chevron patterned headboard and can't wait to see how you style it!