Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A baker in the house??

For those of you who actually know me, you know baking is not something I claim to do - ever. I just don't have the patience for it. Now cooking a meal? That's is definitely my thing. Nothing makes me happier than being in the kitchen cooking up ideas for my family. Ok there are things that make me happier, but I do love to cook. My 10 year-old daughter is following in my footsteps (so proud). She wants to do it all - cook and bake. She doesn't believe me when I tell her I don't bake. She says "I should just try it and I will love it". Wonder where she gets that from?? sigh. I guess as a mom I shouldn't tell her I can't do things. I decided to try and find easy homemade ideas that we can bake together. Baby steps. All in one bowl kinda baking. That's the goal. I was so excited when I saw this recipe Banana Date Breakfast Cookie on Trim the Fat. I figured it would be a win win situation. Easy for both of us (the 10 year old) to make, all ingredients were on hand AND it helps me since it's a 2 point WW breakfast. Please don't go by my crappy cell picture (notice how pretty hers looks?) these are Delicious! My 10 year old had a a great time making it and me? Well I got to see her proud of her baking attempt. That's priceless! Oh and she's didn't care for how they tasted, so its more for me! Bonus!

No comments: