Monday, April 6, 2009

Whew!

What a busy weekend! This weekend was us running our 16 year old daughter around to Art colleges. Saturday's colleges was in Center City Philly and Sunday's was in Baltimore MD. We actually liked both schools. Our daughter (and hubby) liked the Philly one better. I did too, since it's so close to home. Of course, I did not tell her that. You know how kids can be - Tell them you like the same thing as them and they rebel and suddenly HATE it! By the time we go home from my In-laws last night (had to pick up the youngest child) I was completely exhausted. I did not even attempt to do The Shred. So I officially missed one day! Oh well, I'm not beating myself up over that. Especially since I walked my butt off all weekend long AND made sure I ate really well. A bonus is that I lost another pound at my WI. YEAH!! That's over 8 lbs so far, 8.6 to be exact, but who's counting? um ME! I am so happy that every week has been a loss so far. I know I only started my 5th week, but it feels great to know that my body is reacting to how I am eating and the workouts I am trying to commit myself too.
A little side note: This past Friday night, I went to my grade school reunion (I had a blast!) and did not have a drop of alcohol! Can you believe it? I actually haven't had a glass of wine in a about 2 weeks now. What is going on here?? I just don't have a craving for it. Plus who needs the extra points?


I wanted to share a recipe that is now a fave in my house. Hungry girl sent this email out a few weeks ago and my girls LOVE it. I actually did not use the turkey bacon when this picture was taken and its JUST as good!

Pig on a Stick in a Bacon-Wrapped Blanket
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 155 calories, 6.5g fat, 760mg sodium, 15g carbs, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

Ingredients:
1 Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Frank (or another fat-free or nearly fat-free hot dog)
1 portion refrigerated Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls (unprepared)
1 slice extra-lean turkey bacon
1 thick wooden skewer
Optional: mustard, ketchup, relish (for dipping)

Directions:Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Skewer your hot dog lengthwise on the stick. Set aside.
Stretch or roll out the triangle-shaped dough slightly, to make it a larger triangle. Place hot dog along the base and gently but firmly roll it up. Squeeze the dough gently to ensure it is secure around the hot dog. Carefully wrap bacon around the length of the dough-covered hot dog, so it looks like a spiral. Place your blanketed pup in a baking pan sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for about 14 - 16 minutes, until dough appears slightly browned and crispy.
Let cool slightly. If you like, dip your dog into one or more of the optional ingredients. Enjoy!
MAKES 1 SERVING

No comments: