Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm turning 40.. and I'm really ok with it


On Sunday I will turn 40. Forty. The big four-oh. Four decades old. Yikes! And yet somehow I just can't get myself too wound up about it. Am I supposed to be all stressed out? Am I suppose to be gazing into the mirror, trying to find the latest wrinkle or gray hairs? Do I rush to make an appointment with a dermatologist for my 1st botox injection? I don't think so. This year I'm having a intimate dinner party with my closest friends. And Sunday is a family BBQ. These festive events will commemorate my fading youth. Who better to share that with, than close friends who can easily joke with me about how old 40 is. How I'm going to have to now buy a walker. oh and there will probably be a lame comment about senior citizen discounts thrown in there too. yada yada yada - I've heard it all before. Birthdays to me, have always been an excuse to be selfish. It's kinda the rule of the house that although all the other gift giving holidays are nice, birthdays are the big one. Basically, it's the one day a year when it can be "all about me" and that's OK. The girls have to be nice to the other on their special days. the hubby has to wait on me hand and foot and vice versa. All decisions are made by the birthday girl/boy. And the gifts are oh so nice on birthdays too. I guess that's why I love my birthday. It's the one day that I am treated like a queen instead of the princess I am all year long! Now who wouldn't look forward to that each year?

Have a great weekend... I know I will be enjoying mine!!!

No comments: