Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall days and Fireplaces

This past Tuesday was the 1st day of Fall. I have been looking forward to this day for awhile now. When I woke up on Tuesday, the weather man said it was going to be 80 degrees! huh? Not the kind of weather I was hoping for. But soon.. soon it will be here. For now I will dust off the mantle and think of creative ideas to draw attention to the fireplace (I need to find a large C & A stat). Soon there will be a roaring fire going in that fireplace. I will bring out the warm fluffy blankets and fall pillows. I will turn the leather chairs so that they face the fireplace instead of the flat screen. But for now I will just daydream about cold evenings with my family nestled together by the fire, playing games and sipping hot chocolate. I did say it was a daydream, didn't I? I would settle for just being alone, wrapped in a blanket with tea and a book. Actually that sounds wonderful. :)

What are you looking forward to as the weather gets cooler?
pics from countryliving


No comments: