Friday, October 9, 2009

Slow cooker Sundays

Yeah it's back! I actually started this Fall/Winter tradition this past Sunday. I made a rotisserie chicken and it was delicious! I heavily seasoned the chicken with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and rosemary. I also placed a few cloves of garlic inside the chicken. I then placed the chicken breast side down and cooked on low for 6 hours. No need to add extra juice, it made plenty. I then turned the slow cooker to high for the last 2 hours. Yum.
This weekend the hubby is making his famous wings (seriously the BEST wings) for the football game (GO EAGLES). So I want to have something other than chicken - I'm thinking PORK! Check out this supper easy and delicious recipe from things aluna makes - crockpot carnitas. I'll be sure to take pics and post them on Monday!

No comments: