Friday, October 9, 2009

Weekend stuff

Ahh it's Friday and am I ever excited for the weekend to finally arrive. The weather is supposed to be perfect! Makes my plans so much better. Tonight we are heading to my daughter's school for some little B-I-N-G-O. Ever play? It's actually lots of fun. Saturday, the hubby is having his college roommates over for dinner. I had planned to have a Mexican feast, but I am totally stealing my girlfriend Desiree's idea (thanks Des) and throwing a Fall Harvest themed dinner. The menu includes; Roast beef with horseradish sauce, roasted root vegetables, hand-smashed and sweet and white garlicky potatoes. The other couples are bringing side dishes, appetizers and the desserts. The table will be set with lots of leaves, gourds, acorns and mini pumpkins.
Sunday is an Eagle's homegame. We sold our tickets this week (LAST game where that will happen), so I am getting in some girly time and maybe going shopping Sunday morning with girlfriend Bobbi. She needs a dress for a Halloween wedding. Don't you love the idea of a Halloween wedding? How about you.. got any plans?? Pumpkin picking Perhaps? We are doing that next weekend. Whatever you do, have a great weekend.
I'm outta here!








1 comment:

Desiree said...

love it! I'm getting ready for the harvest party so many ideas...here is the most popularand hit of my parties....PUMPKIN PIE MARTINIS!
2oz creme de caco (light)
2oz vanilla vodka
4 oz heavy cream
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
mix all together with lots of ice in a martini shaker pour in a martini glass rimmed with cool whip...what a delish and impressive drink..try it..let me know have fun!