Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My memo board - Revamped


This summer while at the beach with friends, I found the most gorgeous fabric to recover my dining room chairs, at a flea market of all places. It instantly reminded me of something I would see in Pottery Barn catalog. Needless to say I feel in love. After I recovered the chairs, I had about 3/4 of a yard left and no idea what to do with it. That was until I saw an old memo board I had in office closet. How perfect! I knew the fabric would go great with my basil green kitchen walls. I love how this projected turned out.


Recovering the memo board was easy. I just removed the existing hardware and stapled the fabric right over the old fabric.

After it was all stapled - Plain, but still pretty!



Then came the decision on what to use as an accent material to hold the "memos". I went a little unconventional and used twine. Yup Twine.


Notice the small buttons in the picture above? Those were removed from the old memo board. I decided to "twirl" the twine as an accent for the buttons. I love this little detail.


With the chairs that were recovered.




Here is the finished product on my kitchen wall. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

1 comment:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

How fun - it looks great with your wall!

XOXO
Jen