Monday, January 17, 2011

~ Breadbox Makeover ~

This weekend was a lazy weekend. I mean lazy as in no makeup, sweats wearing, reading on the couch (and bed) watching football - lazy weekend. Somehow in all that laziness I managed to squeeze in a little spray painting (I can't help myself, I'm addicted). There in the laundry room sat an old breadbox that I have but haven't used in a long time because well it's just on longer my "style". With a little revamping and it is now definitely my style! I am giddy over how simple this project was and even more so about how it turned out.
The before (I started spraying before I realized I didn't take a picture)
Sprayed an Antique White
with Antique Glaze
I hand painted the word "Bread" on the front (don't zoom in to close or you will see my shakey handy work) and sanded the edges a bit for instant aging, added a black grosgrain ribbon and VIOLA!
Total Cuteness..

This project was from Jan 2010. I just thought I would share it again since back then I was a new blogger and I had no idea about the whole "linking up on link parties". It's now a whole new world :-)

I'm linking this up on:

11 comments:

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Desiree said...

Love it ...very impressed!

Expressions by Heather said...

A lovely redo!

Please feel free to share it at My Frugal Family's Talented Tuesday link party!

http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/talented-tuesday.html

Brandi said...

Great Makeover Tana! I love the antique look you gave it!

Dominique @ Craft Couture said...

Very cute! Thanks for linking up to Craft Couture Mondays party, Hope to see you next Monday as well!

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

You just made something so-so SPECTACULAR!! Great redo my dear...it is so much more chic now.

Cheers~
e

Megan Gunyan said...

Very cute. I didn't realize breadboxes were still out there! I need one...desperately! Maybe so I can spray paint it? :)
I'm having a giveaway for a FREE gallon of paint. Hope you can join...alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love it, and LOVE that you handpainted 'bread'. I know it's tedious, so I always admire when someone handletters.

Please join us this weekend at Passion for Paint and link up your project! Links open Friday night @ 6 pm PST.

http://MuralMaker1.blogspot.com

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ What a charming little bread box! Such a sweet makeover on it and well done on the hand painting! Wow! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday this week! :)

aimee said...

SO cute!! I see bread boxes at Goodwill all the time, but never thought of painting one. Guess where I'm heading?! : ) Thanks for sharing your cute makeover!!

PS ~ I'm your newest follower too ~ saw this on Thrifty Decor Chic.... hope you will stop by & follow back!

Aimee @
justkiddingaroundatlanta.blogspot.com