Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Beauty inside the closet

Last year (wow almost to the day) I posted about my master bedroom closet redo. It really was a quick and simple redo.. more of a purge and organize makeover than anything else. Recently we painted our Master bedroom (2 months is still considered recent still .. riiight?). While we were painting I let the hubby know that we were not painting the inside of the closets. Of course he did not even ask me why - Men. I guess he was just happy to have less work. We didn't paint them because I had a wonderful idea for the inside of those closets. One that I had seen in several magazines and blogs -wallpaper! It's such a stylish solution to a boring space. And the insides of closets are boring. Now my closets are in no way anything that you might see in an episode of Sex and the City. Wouldn't that be nice though? sigh.. A girl can always dream.
Sadly I am left with this closet.
Far from a glamorous walk-in, but what can you do? You gotta work with watcha got!
The easiest thing you can do is give your closest a face lift. The Dollar Store has great containers to start or if your budget allows, head to The Container Store. Sadly my budget did not allow The Container Store. Since the closet makeover, I have picked up a few stylish boxes here and there to add a little bit of drama to the space. I do have a vision in mind for this very space space. I also have time on my side. Over the weekend I decided to make a list of on going projects that need completion and ones that I would like to start (and finish) in 2011. Wow, is that list ever long. Now the hunt for the perfect wallpaper (on sale) begins.
Here are a few of my inspirations.


Don't you love the originality of these closets? The wallpaper is so unexpected. I hope it inspires you to clean out those closets!

Martha, Domino and I don't remember the rest. I'm sorry. Please let me know if it is your pictures and I will give you your props!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Wallpaper inside of the closet is a great idea! I've been considering doing something similar using fabric and liquid starch though.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/la/how-to/how-to-make-removable-fabric-wallpaper-074483

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Love the idea of wall paper in the closet. Makes it feel a little fancier!

Kendra aka "Domestic Princess in Training"

Amanda @ Mamaslittleladybugs.blogspot.com said...

Yes, I dream of a beautiful and organized closet too... but I have all of our closets so far down my list, that it will be at least a year before I work on them. I dream of a shelving sytem from the Container Store, but I'm going to have to settle with RubberMaid from Home Depot. *sigh* For now, I will be watching (in envy) for your closet redos. :)