Monday, April 19, 2010

Dash for Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness Walk

Yesterday Philadelphia had its Annual Walk for Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness. This year we walked for Bri Bri. Little Brian was my Best Friend Dawn and her husband Brian's 2 year old son who past away suddenly almost 2 years ago. Dawn and Brian selflessly donated 4 of Bri Bri's organs and all 4 of those organs are still keeping a loved one alive. Dawn and Brian are truly the bravest people I have ever had the pleasure of calling a friend.
Have you ever considered being an organ donor?

Here is my crew Here is the whole Team Bri Bri crew

1 comment:

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I'm so sorry for your friends loss. Organ donation is a wonderful thing! When my father and grandfather passed we gave their bodies to science. It felt good. Wishing you a wonderful monday!
XO
Kristin