Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Decorating by the Bay

What do you get a man who has everything for Father's Day? Well you paint the interior of his summer house of course! No? What -that's not the normal Father's Day gift? Well that's exactly what the hubby and I got my FIL and let me tell you it was a huge P.I.T.A.! The ceilings were insanely high and we had a ladder that didn't quite make it to the top. Thank god for extension poles and duct tape! The hubby did an awesome job and reaching the and making it look professionally done! I gotta say it looks great! I still have a few craft projects that I am doing for the shore house, and we are also planning on getting my MIL new "beachy" side lamps. We hope that this "gift" goes over well, because my FIL has been wanting this done for a loooooong time. I think major brownies points were scored-BIG time!!
Before - all white walls (excuse the mess)

After - the color is subtle for sure
Just for the record, those fake flowers are not my idea of decorating.
This was after I threw away 3 baskets of them! ugh

We did manage to stop painting just to sit on the deck and ejoy this view

Barnegat Lighthouse

4 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

it's amazing that something so subtle can make such a big difference, but it does. it looks much more inviting and calming. what a great DIL you are!

Georgia Girl said...

Great gift! Oh and the view is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Um. What mess? LOL! What a nice gesture! Love you guys!

xo

The Single Nester said...

Great shore house! For a few summers, I rented homes with college friends in Beach Haven, Sea Girt, Bradley Beach. A lovely part of the Jersey Shore - unlike that MTV crew.