Friday, July 16, 2010

~How I get Beaching Hair~ Product Review

One thing I hate about the beach (there actually are a few things) is what it does to my hair. After a day at the beach, I simply refuse to blow dry my very color treated hair. The damage that is done from the salt and sun is just too much for it to handle. Normally I wash, heavily condition and then let it air dry. I also like to twist my hair into a loose bun or add a few braids. This actually helps my hair look pretty cute with the effects from the twisting and braiding, making my hair look healthy and tousled. A few weeks ago I picked up a sample from SephoraCarol's Daughter "Hair Milk Lite the Curl Booster". Since my hair has a natural wave all through it, I figured it would be worth a shot. Oh was I ever happy I picked up this sample. My hair has pretty much always been good to me, even after all the coloring it has gone through over the years. This product made it even more healthy, shiny and without frizz. I honestly don't know what kind of hair this product was made for, from what I read on the web it is cult-favorite among African American women. I know that Carol's Daughter is geared towards the sisters, but guess what -it works wonderfully for my "type" of hair too. Not overly thick, but just lots of it. A little of this product goes a long long way. Oh and did I mention the scent? Heavenly -Just like apricots.
The products sells for $9 for the smaller bottle (it's small but last long), to $20 for the large. They also have Shampoo, Conditioner and the Original Hair Milk Curl Definer.
If your hair has a curl to it, don't be afraid to try this line!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No frizz? I must try. Even in the dry desert my hair wants to frizz up, picture Diana Ross. It's not pretty, on me anyway!

Have a great weekend.

Lisa