Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So Simple Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

I saw this recipe on Frilly Details last week and I knew I just had to make these muffins. This recipe is so flipping simple! Fall is coming and you know that means-all things pumpkin. Pumpkin spice lattes and yum Pumpkin Chocolate chip muffins! My little helper and I had time on Monday to bake these and I can honestly say that these were the simplest "homemade" muffins I have made yet - and one of the tastiest! Notice the faux pumpkins? I have a craft to share with that later on.


Here are the ingredients.
1  package yellow cake mix
1  can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Mix together all the dry ingredients. Next stir in the can of pumpkin and chocolate chips, stir until really combined. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


Notice my lil helper's mad skills at scooping out the muffin mix? She is using a spoon and a ice cream scooper. No, she did not learn that from me, she just watches way too much Cake Wars.
Here they are - So yummy and oh so simple.

13 comments:

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

I will def be trying these :) They look delish and they sound easy enough for me to get right ;)

Kara

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Wow! Those look delicious!!!! I LOVE pumpkin!!! Pumpkin and chocolate together~ YUM!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Georgia Girl said...

copied your recipe...I bet some warm cream cheese frosting would taste good on those also...just had to offer some extra sugar to the muffin.

Unknown said...

thank you!!!cant wait!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

YUMM!! I will definitely be trying this out in the next couple of weeks.

I linked up to your post on my blog: http://10junem.blogspot.com/2010/09/featured-projects-fall-decor.html.

Thanks for sharing!

xo- M

the cape on the corner said...

listen, does one really need the cloves and the nutmeg? my baking skills and supplies are at a real minimum, and i like to omit non essential items. and since i have no idea what i'm doing, i generally don't know what non essential items are. when you say cloves, clearly this is different than garlic cloves, yes? thank you for pictures of ingredients...i need this.

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

I'm so excited you gave these muffins a try!!! Aren't they the best?? Simple and tasty!

Val said...

Yum, I love all things pumpkin!!!!

Lil Miss Sunshine said...

Awww.. She used the bowl I gave her! :) Yum, they look delish!

Jessica said...

These look delicious, thanks for the recipe.

Sawdust Girl said...

YUM! Chocolate chip and pumpkin. I'd love you to link this up at my party.

http://sawdustandpaperscraps.blogspot.com/2010/09/linky-party-and-scentsy-giveaway.html

Envymycooking said...

Love this.. So cute.. head on over to our site for any new recipes or if you want your item to be featured

Unknown said...

im seriously wanting to make these tonight!!! they sound so yummy!! if i do, i'll be sure post about them!