Thursday, October 7, 2010

A look at Lake George NY

Last week was our Wedding Anniversary. I surprised the hubby with a weekend away at Lake George NY and he surprised me with a Platinum Pave Eternity band. Oh yeah he's a keeper! The trip was exactly what we needed with all the crazy busy things going on lately. We got to just slow down and relax with each other. This was our 1st trip this far up NY State and we both decided after that wonderful weekend, we will be back (meaning we survived 5 hours in the car together and didn't fight once). The scenery in Lake George was really gorgeous. The leaves were just starting to change so the Adirondack's were sprinkled with red, orange and yellow leaves.
Here are a couple shots from out trip.
The road into Lake George and the Adirondacks.
Lake Luzerne
The hubby in the largest Adirondack Chair. Isn't he cute?
Lake George
Our self portrait in Lake George
World's Largest Garage Sale in Warrensburg NY. 5 Miles of vendors, food and music  and no we did not walk the full 5 miles. I think one of the vendors said they get almost 90,000 people over the weekend. It was crowded. 
We found this antique gumball machine. Hubby is cleaning it up for me but I am still debating on what to put inside. So many possibilities!
These are some funny things that people were actually selling. I just had to share. 
The Lamplight Inn. I highly recommend this place. It really was a romantic place.
Our room (that's the hubby watching TV) I told him not to lay on that bed until I took a few pictures. He snuck in the sneakers under the vanity. :-)
Yup, a gas fireplace in the room and we used it the whole time we were in the room.
The Main Parlor's and the Game room
This sunroom was right under our room so we woke up every morning to the smell of something being baked and the coffee being brewed. Heaven. They had the most amazing breakfasts each morning. They really go all out here. I wish I had taken a picture when the tables were set for breakfast. Each table had mismatched china along with Fall flowers in mason jars. A Country Elegance feel. 
I hope you enjoyed a brief look into our trip. I really do mean when I say I highly recommend the area. 
Gorgeous!

8 comments:

Desiree said...

love this place..I stayed in a similar place in california when i got married ( vintage Towers) you should go to wine country..you would love it and stay there! this place looks amazing! we have been thinking about a weekend getaway we should check it out ! thamks for sharing the beautiful pics!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh wow this place is beautiful! Love the gumball machine and wonder what will go in it. The colors are so pretty in the mountains at fall time. Iknow you both had a wonderful time and wish you many more wonderful years together!

Anonymous said...

Hi friend! Just wanted to wish you loads of luck tonight. I will be thinking about you~

Kristy said...

What a cozy place to relax! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. I'm laughing at the Clark Griswold special! Christmas Vacation is one of my all time favorite movies!

the cape on the corner said...

you guys are too cute! honey, a new ring? yes please! those pictures are great, but i looove that one with the lake and the gazebo and the leaves. gorgeous. were there any wineries there? we've never been that way, actually, but i'd like to.

i would looooove to go to greece, that is my "one day" trip to. we've got a lot of one day trips, lol!

The Cozy Cape said...

I LOVE Lake George! I fell in love with it this summer when the hubby and I coordinated a wedding up there at The Inn at Erlowest. Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for becoming a follower- I just became your follower!

Anonymous said...

While I love all the pix, I wanna see a pic of the ring!!!!! Fab is truly FABulous!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Oh I could so use a vacation to a place like that! Glad you got to have such a wonderful time. Love the candy machine.