Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Feeling the Blues

Lately I have been having the blues.. the dark navy midnight blues. I've kinda become obsessed with the idea of painting the walls of my home office a deep dark blue. You have seen this look haven't you? The dark blue walls with glossy white molding? It is genius I tell you, pure decorating genius. I want to share with you two of my favorite decorating savvy bloggers, both took a chance with their dining rooms and it really paid off. The results are just fantastic.
First up, Michelle from Ten June. You may remember Michelle from when I showed off her sunburst mirror. Her blue painted Dining Room is simply, well simply gorgeous. Michelle is also creating a mood board for my Living Room and Dining Room. Squeal!! I am so flipping excited about this. I can not wait to see what she has created for my space, but more on that later. Don't you just love the Ikea rug with those blue walls? The yellow really pops. 
Next up is Millie at The Mango Archives. Just look at this Dining Room. I Die. Seriously. That bar cart is just pure eye candy for that room. The ceiling to floor curtains also make this space.
Afraid of all that blue? Then why not try what John & Sherry did over at Young House Love.. they painted the back of their bookcases a dark velvety blue. Will you look at all those white accents. Their love of all things white makes me so happy!
More dark blue wall inspirations. 

West Coast Hampton traditional living room

Tailored Sophistication contemporary home office

This room (below) is what started this obsession for me. If you click here, it takes you to the designer's page on Houzz. On the link you can see the words "Catalano Residence"? Hello that's MY last name. Now if that's not an omen or a sign, or which ever means I should do it, then I don't know what is. And the best part was when I showed it to the hubby, he didn't roll his eyes and say "no more painting".. Another sure sign.
Catalano Residence eclectic dining room
Question? Would you paint a dark blue or black color on any of the walls in your home? Or are you strictly a light & airy kinda person.. not that there is anything wrong with that.

4 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Those rooms are gorgeous!! I would say go for it! Paint is so easy to fix if it doesn't come out like expected.

Brandi said...

Love the idea of painting a room dark. Gorgeous inspiration pics!

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

LOVE the blue! You go girl!
Love this post...thank you for linking up to Whassup Wednesday! Hope to see you tomorrow:)

xoxokara

milvdk said...

Ooohh I love this inspiration post. Thanks for the shout out! Must paint something blue... quickly! Or, maybe I should just buy some new curtain rods for that room. Those badly hung curtains have me cringing over here. Can't wait to see if you paint something dark blue!